pixel

A proper SEO strategy will not only increase the NUMBER of users visiting your website, but also the QUALITY of those users. It’s important to be clear about who you are, what you do and who you serve.

What is SEO?

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing different aspects of your website so that search engines like Google and Bing will not only know WHO you are, but WHAT you do, WHERE you do it and WHO you do it for!

Why is SEO Important?

In the world of online marketing, traffic is our lifeblood. Having a slick website won’t mean a thing if nobody is interacting with you. As a business owner, your goal is to drive as much qualified traffic as possible to your website.

You can either PAY for that traffic (Facebook ads, email drops, etc) or you can get it for FREE. Free traffic is called organic traffic and as small business owners we want as much organic web traffic as we can get.

The more people that see your pages and offers, the more likely that they will become customers. Marketing is truly a numbers game.

How to Fix It

Take a look at your analytics report. If your SEO scores are low, there are four places that you need to review for each and every page of your website. These four elements tell the search engines a lot about your business and will help the search engines determine where your site should be ranked in specific searches.

The Four Factors

  1. Page Title: Your page title tells Google what each page is about. It should be no longer that 70 characters in length and should include your keywords or phrases.
  2. Page Description: Page descriptions can be up to 300 characters although anything longer than 160 characters “may” get clipped depending on the search engine. Just like with page titles, you want to include your keywords or phrases in here as well.
  3. Header H1 Tags: Header tags tell the website visitors and search engines exactly what each page is about. Each page should have 1 AND ONLY 1 header tag. If your site doesn’t have an H1 tag present – make sure you add them around your page title like this…
    H1 This is your keyword-rich page title /H1
  4. Sub-Head Tags: Sub-head tags (H2 – H6 tags) are used to format and compartmentalize content on your website. These subheadings are used to create a better user experience. While not necessary, they are recommended.

Other Factors to Consider

The four factors above are what we call “On-Page” SEO factors because they are all things that are adjusted, “on” your webpage. The challenge is that “On-Page” SEO factors only represent about 30% of your overall SEO score. The other 70% of your SEO score, your “Off-Page” SEO factors, are made up of things that you can’t directly influence.

Off-Page SEO is about user engagement. This includes items like a user commenting on your blog, a Like on Facebook or a positive review on Yelp.

Search engines use this type of genuine online engagement to monitor AND use as the largest portion of your search page ranking.

If your SEO scores are in good shape but you still aren’t getting traffic from search engines within a few months of fixing your site, then you have a content issue and should be examining your content marketing strategy.

Learn how we can help you!

Company

Petsitter 365
3243 Ridgeview Drive
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Phone: (916) 608-2151